Viewed 2510 Times 0 Comments Date : 20.02.2017
Small Dog Syndrome is very real, it refers to a set of undesirable behaviors mostly displayed by small dogs who want to show everyone who’s really the boss.
It is not genetic, not something some puppies are going to develop, it is most likely caused by how we view our “sweet little puppy” and what we allow them to get away with!
Symptoms of Small Dog Syndrome:
- Jumping up on people
- Begging for food
- Assuming the best and most comfortable place on the human’s bed
- Growling or barking at anyone trying to get close to the dog’s owner
- Demanding to get attention, affection, petting, treats, etc.
- Insistence on going through a door way first
- Pulling on a leash or refusing to walk on a leash at all
- Nipping at people’s heels
- Refusing stubbornly to listen to commands that have already been mastered
- Barking or whining at a person
- Finding and sleeping on the highest perch he can find
- Separation anxiety symptoms
- Jumping into a human’s lap uninvited
- Growling or barking at other dogs
- Growling or barking at people
Was this answer helpful ? Yes (0) / No (0)